Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: So come on...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is this it forthis forum? It's dying a slow death here isn't it? It was quite funny some of the banter on here at one point!

    Where's Philip? Are you still keeping this going? Got any projects on the go yet? Did you find a new job?

    And who else is still checking here? Be honest...

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I automatically get new posts sent to me, so I know how well the board is doing. Or isn't, as the case seems to be.

    I have to take some responsibility for that, I guess.

    To update you all, I'm feeling much better this year (most of the time), and yes, I have got something on the go that I am currently writing, but it's early days yet. Don't want to rush into things again.

    I didn't find a new job - I just made the existing one better. I'm now an Assistant Buyer, and it's much more demanding and interesting than before. So I'm enjoying it a lot more now, and hopefully should be getting a payrise real soon.

    I've mainly been watching movies (at one time I was getting 8 a week from LoveFilm) and I'm getting quite disheartened. There's a LOT of shit out there. Can't think of more than a handful that I've actually enjoyed over the past few months.

    As for this board - I'm game if the rest of you are...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hear you about there being a lot of shit out there. I couldn't agree more.

    I sometimes think I might be asking too much, I dunno, but in honesty the last really good film I saw at the cinema was 'A History of Violence'.

    I was quite disapointed with Jarhead last week and I really wanted to like it!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member George of Asda's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I heard a history of violence is good, might catch that when it comes on DVD.

    Munich has been given a lot of thumbs up so and it has Daniel Craig in it.

    Capote is another highly rated film and at last Seymour Hoffman is getting the recognistion he deserves.

    I'm also hoping that Crash sweeps the Oscars.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Shaiya Studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi everyone,

    There hasn't been anything good recently, I have been renting mainly classics from Blockbusters. Can you blame me given the recent "hot picks" are "The 40 Year Old Virgin" and "Wedding Crashers". I don't know about you guys, but the toilet humour/sex joke movies are growing tiring.

    I thought "A History of Violence" was superb. I guess I will need to check out "Crash" as that seems like the only decent choice for rental at the moment.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For more fantastic toilet humour/sex gags - I see 2 of the 6 hilarious writers from scary movie are at it again: 'Date Movie'...

    Anyway, saw Munich last night. Definately worth seeing if you wanna see something with some substance. How is Speilberg doing it? Not just quality, but in recent years he's really knocking some films out! Plus he helped with Phil's favourite- Star Wars ep III! Still a legend!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Sam Gowland's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2003
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There you go Phil, Kev.O thinks Munich is worth watching so when shall we go??? lol

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Any time you like, my social calendar is quieter than Aberdeen on a flag day.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by OptimalStar:
    There you go Phil, Kev.O thinks Munich is worth watching so when shall we go??? lol
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Am I invited?

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Seeing as it finished several weeks ago, no.

    I would recommend Hostel though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •